Market research panels are a good way to supplement your income. There a number of them that offer generous paid studies for your opinions on various products or just your experiences for different things. You can check your local Craigslist to see if there are any in your area or simply google “market research panels near me”. In order to help you out, I have provided a short list to get you started (only eligible for citizens of the United States). You can sign-up for these panels online and then receive emails on a regular basis for studies you may qualify for. Since these are not surveys, but studies the pay rate is higher; normally anywhere from $100 to $300 on average. It is not easier to qualify for these studies because you have to fit a certain demographic each time and respond as soon as possible (because spots fill up fast), so my advice to you is to keep trying because eventually you will qualify and it will be worth it. I’ve done various studies with multiple market research panels (the more you join, the better) and have earned over $1000 from 8 different studies. Let me break it down for you:
- Acne Research Study: $275
- Journal Study: $150
- Grocery Study: $90 (increased by $30 from the initial stated payout)
- Calendar Study: $300
- Exam Study: $90
- Hygiene Study: $125
- Makeup Study: $30
- Makeup Study 2: $30
These are actually better because they take less time to earn a higher payout and they’re always interesting. I cannot go in depth about these studies, but each study you encounter will require different tasks. Some less than others, and some more. Sometimes you also get free stuff along with the paid study! Here is my recommended panels to get you started and remember there’s always more out there:
- Accelerant Research
- L&E Research
- Eisen Research
Good luck on your financial journey!
If you’re looking for a new credit card, consider Discover. They not only offer a resource for scholarships, student loans, and 5% cashback rewards in certain categories during their quarters and 1% on other purchases, but you’ll also receive a $50 bonus (*Must make a least one purchase within the first 3 months). You get 0% APR for your first 6 months, and then standard variable purchase APR of 13-24% What is there not to love and who couldn’t use an extra $50? I used Discover as my first student credit card and it helped me build up my credit, offered great cashback bonuses and rewards, and they even sent me a unexpected $5 Starbucks gift card for being their customer. If you’re interested in signing-up, just click here, and if you want to learn more about their student credit cards click here.
- Ebates– offers the best sign-up bonus as both a cashback site and app! Once you sign-up with Ebates, it’s easy to browse around their list and see how much percentage cashback you’ll receive on your purchases. You can even use their extension to have it automatically done whenever you’re shopping online. After you purchase your first item through Ebates, you’ll receive a $10 giftcard of your choosing and the cashback from the purchase added to your account. They also have big referral bonuses as well (which are constantly changing), if you have three qualifying referrals you can earn as much as a $60 bonus! Who couldn’t use an extra $60?
- Ibotta– this app is absolutely amazing! If you are referred you will receive a $5 bonus. If you refer someone you get $5. There are plenty of stores and products that you get cashback on anything from produce, frozen products, seasonings, cleaning products, and baked goods. The amount of cash back offers they have are endless. I signed-up last week and I’m already at $60 cash back from groceries!
- Checkout 51– this app has a limited selection (that keeps growing) but it’s still useful especially if you’re purchasing something from their select list. Their list changes weekly and you can enter a $500 sweepstakes each time you submit a receipt with a purchase of $60 or more.
- Receipt Hog-Get points by scanning your receipts! Once you reach a certain threshold you can get cashback via Paypal or Amazon. You can cashout at $10, $20, $30, and $40. They also offer surveys, sweepstakes, and chances to level up which make getting cashback a little more fun. Use this promo code for a sweet sign-up bonus: tent8221 .
- Shopkick – Use this app to get money towards giftcards, prizes, or Paypal simply from walking in a store and checking in, scanning items, or submitting receipts with those scanned items. Prizes range from Target and Starbucks giftcards, to brand name purses, ipads, and scooters.
As a side note, there are sites that offer cashback as on their coupons such as Swagbucks, Inboxdollars, and SendEarnings. Use any of those sites to install a coupon printer and get $0.10 back from every coupon redeemed (usually takes about 2-3 months to process) but you do save money and get a little bit back!
If you’re trying to save money, but still want to enjoy a night out in the town, look into Gofobo (it’s basically the same thing as Sony Screenings
but with different new movies). When you register, you sign yourself up for free movie passes in the near future. What’s the catch? It’s first come, first serve and you have to claim your movie passes almost immediately after you receive an email. Most of the free movie showings are on weekdays starting around 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and you only get two free passes. So choose wisely. On the plus side, you get to see select films in theatres before most people can and the only money you have to spend is on gas. They notify you of screenings in your local area. If they send you a pass to a movie you’re just dying to see, well you get to see it first and without the wait. So what are you waiting for? Sign-up today and enjoy a free movie!
Get free stuff on your birthday HOW?
Sign-up with these sites at least a month before your birthday & you’ll receive email or a piece of mail with a coupon for your birthday freebie
(Click on the name of the restaurant to access the site)
RESTAURANTS1) A&W – Free root beer float
2) IHop – Free pancakes (4 pancakes, syrup, and a side of fruity syrup)
3) Steak & Shake – Free Burger and Fries
4) Auntie Anne’s – Free Pretzel
5) Moes SouthWest Grill – Free chips, salsa, and entree
6) Noodles & Company – Free Bowl of Noodles
7) Baskin Robbins – Free Birthday Ice Cream
8) Cinnabon – Free Mochalatta Chill
9) Denny’s – Free Grandslam
10) Dippin Dots – Free Dippin Dots
11) Dunkin Donuts – Free medium beverage
12) Einstein Bagel Bros – Free sandwich when you buy any drink
13) Johnny Rockets – Free Hamburger
14) Krispy Kreme Donuts – Free Donut and Free Small Coffee
15) LongHorn Steak House – Free Dessert
16) Hooters – 10 Free Wings
17) Arbys – Free 12 oz milkshake
18) Starbucks – Free grande drink or pastry
19) Spaghetti Warehouse– Free spaghetti entree and sundae
20) Sonny’s – Free BBQ sandwich, drink, and fries
21) Sonic – Free regular cream slush, tatter tots, or medium drink
22) Ruby Tuesday – Free burger
23) Romano’s Macaroni Grill – Free dessert
24) Rita’s Italian Ice – Free regular Italian Ice
25) Red Robin – Free Burger
26) Planet Smoothie – Free Small Smoothie
27) Perkins – Free Magnificent Seven Meal
28) Panera Bread – Free Birthday Pastry
SITES1) Screenwise Trends – $5 added to your account
2) Swagbucks – An additional 50 SB added to your account
1) Sephora – random mini freebie
ENTERTAINMENT1) AMF – Free Bowling!
2) Chuck E. Cheese – 100 free tickets
3) Movies – Get Free Movie Passes to Upcoming Feature Films!